I stopped lifting weights in July 2015, and I have no plans to start lifting again.
Body fat: 15-20%
1. 2012/10 76kg - 2012/12 76kg - college exams, no progress, stopped working out
2. 2013/3 75kg - 2013/7 75kg - no progress, I didn't know what I was doing, stopped working out
Reset -> lift heavy, eat a lot more
3. 2013/12 71kg - 2014/8 78kg - >30°C in the garage, had to stop working out
4. 2014/10 76kg - 2015/3 81kg - 2015/4 81kg - stuck on 81 kg :(
150cm barbell (2.5cm)
2x36cm dumbbells (2.5cm)
66kg iron weights
46kg DIY reinforced concrete weights
DIY squat rack/pull-up bar with bench spotter
DIY rope pulley
Flat/incline bench with leg extension
DIY dip station aka rectangular iron table without top
A corner in a garage
Warming up (10 min):
- dynamic stretching for upper body
- static stretching for legs
- warm up sets
In summer I swim, a lot.
Four normal meals a day, no fancy stuff or supplements, I don't even take whey protein. I just eat whatever mom makes for lunch(I have lunch two times on a workout day), other meals I prepare myself. I try to get around 2000-2500 kcal a day, and around 100g of protein. On a workout day I drink one multivitamin pill. The goal is to gain around 1kg of weight per month.
I either workout two days in a row then rest one day, or I workout every other day.
My current 4 day split (sets x reps, rest between sets):
Day 1. Chest - Abs (1h 45min - 2h)
1. BB Bench Press 5x(failure + pyramid up), 2-3 min
2. Weighted Incline Leg Raise 3x10-15 + dropsets, 1-1:30 min
3. Weighted Chest Dips 4-5x(failure with weights + failure without), 2-3 min
4. Rope Crunch 3x15-20, 1-1:30 min
5. Incline DB Bench Press 4-5xfailure, 1:30-2 min
6. Weighted Oblique Crunch 3x15-20, 1 min
Day 2. Shoulders - Legs (1h 45min - 2h)
1. BB Overhead Press 5x(failure + pyramid up), 2-3 min
2. BB Back Squat 4x6-8 (pyramid up), 2-3 min
or Leg Curls 3x8-10 , 1-1:30 min
3. Single Arm DB Lateral Raise 4x8, 1:30 min
4. Single Leg Extension 4x10 + dropset, 0:45 min
or Deadlift 4x5-8(pyramid up), 2-3 min
5. DB Front/Rear Raise 4x8, 1:30 min
6. Single Leg Calf Raise 4x10-12 + dropset, 0:45 min
One week I do squats, leg extension and calf raise, other deadlift, leg curls and calf raise. Same with front and rear raise.
Day 3. Back - Abs (1h 45min - 2h)
1. Weighted Pull-Up 5x(failure with weights + failure without), 2-3 min
2. Weighted Decline Sit-Up 3x20-25 + dropset, 1 min
3. BB Bent Over Row 4-5x(failure + pyramid up), 2 min
4. Weighted Toe Touches 3x20-25 + dropset, 1 min
5. Single Arm DB Row 4-5x8, 1:30 min
6. DB Wrist Curls (ss) 2x(3x10-15), 0:15-0:30 min
Abs two times a week, seriously ?
I do abs on chest and back day to rest main muscles, so I can hit them harder on the next exercise.
Day 4. Traps - Arms (1h 45min - 2h)
1. BB Shrugs 4x(failure + pyramid up), 1:30-2 min
2. BB Bicep Curl 4x(failure + dropset each set), 2-3 min
3. Bench Dips 4x(failure), 1:30-2 min
4. Single Arm DB Shrugs 4x10-12, 0:45-1 min
5. Alt. DB Hammer Curls 4x8, 1:30 min
6. Close Grip BB Bench Press 4x(failure), 1:30-2 min
VARIATIONS (January 2015):
It gets boring doing the same routine all the time, so I decided to vary the workouts a bit, even though I am limited with the equipment I have.
For example on chest day instead doing chest dips and dumbbell press, I just lower the weight a bit and do barbell press again as my second and third chest exercise. Same with overhead press and squats on shoulder/leg day. On back day every other time I do pull-ups instead of dumbbell rows. On arm day sometimes instead of hammer curls and close grip bench press I repeat bicep curls and bench dips with lower weight. Instead doing both barbell and dumbbell shrugs, I alternate between those two each workout, because that workout started to become too hard and lasts more than 2 hours.
I have also decided to workout 2 days in a row again*, so I lowered the number of sets on some compound lifts from 5 to 4, so I am not too tired the other day. I have increased the weight and decreased the reps on most of the lifts and the rest times are longer, since I want to focus more on strength.
*yeah... that didn't work out.