Bla, bla, bla... On the left of the blog in the Broken Mug Engine section is a link to the "Changelog" page, where I will be listing the changes and fixes made to the engine, so you can see what is going on behind the screen.
I had big problems with dynamic light, so I rage quit, and didn't touch the code for several weeks. Then I bought a new PC after 9 years. I spent a lot of money, just to be sure it will be a build that will last. And what happened ? The Corsair power supply doesn't work properly, so I had to send it back. Now I'm waiting for it to get either replaced or fixed.
So I'm back in 2005 with a PC that takes forever to build the engine. At least it never needed any fixing. To get back on topic, I fixed the dynamic light problem and since I have no idea what to do with it, or what to do in general with the engine, I just clean all the messy and crash-friendly code. Some of the GUI features now run automatically, so I don't have to write redundant code. Also connecting and disconnecting various in-game entities is also done in the background and hopefully it will prevent crashes, like when I was doing it manually.
Great blog yoou have hereReplyDelete